As we prepare for the upcoming season opener on Oct. 1, 2016 on Pyramid Lake, NV please make sure you are following regulations. Read below to keep up on the rules from http://www.pyramidlake.us/pyramid-lake-fishing.html
“For great fishing tips and about the Pyramid Lake Fisheries program
please visit: www.pyramidlakefisheries.org
Welcome to Pyramid Lake, a world class fishery, the site of the world record Lohanton Cutthroat Trout (41 pounds) and the only place in the world where the ancient Cui-ui fish can be found. If you have never fished here before, you are in for a visual treat and some exceptional fishing fun.
Here is some basic information regarding fishing at Pyramid Lake:
1. You do not need a State of Nevada Fishing License, just a Tribal Fishing and/or Boating Permit.
Boats are required to have current registration from their respective state.
2. Barb less hooks only. We are concerned only with what hooks you have in the water, not your tackle box. You can have 2 singles, 2 doubles or 2 treble hooks per lure
3. No Bait. No worms, eggs, scent, Power bait or like products, or any organic matter on your hooks
4. Slot sizes. Keepers are 17 to 20 inches or over 24 inches. All other sizes must be returned to the water.
You may keep 2 of the smaller sizes or 1 small and 1 large.
5. One stringer per fisherman, no sharing of stringers.
6. Do not fillet the fish on the Reservation. Rangers need to verify proper size
7. You can fish 1 hour before sunrise and 1 hour after sunset
8. Highly recommend boaters have a marine band radio on board. The Ranger Station monitors Channel 16.
Coast Guard considers marine band radios as essential part of your boat safety equipment
9. No fishing off the docks. Fishermen fishing off the docks present a safety hazard to boats launching
and docking, and to the fisherman.
10. Closed areas to fishing and boating:
A. 1,000 foot radius around mouth of Marble Bluff Fish Way
B. 1,000 foot radius around Sutcliffe Fishery spawning channel
C. 1,000 foot from shoreline of Needles from Wizard Cove to Fox Bay
D. The Truckee River and Delta
E. Boats need to stay 250 feet from shoreline fishermen
11. Lahanton Trout Season runs from October 1 thru June 30. Sacramento Perch is open all year round
and presently you can catch and keep 10 perch per day. Same regulations apply tackle and no
bait for the perch
The Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribes wants you to have an enjoyable, safe fishing and boating experience. Our Rangers and support staff are happy to answer or clarify any questions you may have about our Regulations. For additional fishing information or questions concerning the regulations please contact the Rangers at 775-476-1155 or email@example.com.”
Have fun out there and stay safe hunting for that 20 pounda!